Monday, March 21, 2011

Crafter's Block

So. I may have Crafter's Block.

(dun dun dun)

Of course, this has happened immediately after starting this very crafty blog. Well poop.


So I've invested in two things that will be delivered to my house very soon courtesy of Amazon and my credit card:

1. One Yard Wonders


2. Sew What! Skirts


I'm hoping that these two books will get my over the phobia of sewing that I've suddenly encountered. I got all jazzed up to sew a quilt but then I got this daunting feeling that I would try a corner and end up all backwards and messed up. Which would be heartbreaking.  Apparently sewing on scrapbooks is MUCH less intimidating than actual fabric. Who woulda thunk? So... baby steps.

I'm counting on work to bring me out of my crafty-funk. One of our new employees has a birthday on Wednesday! So I encountered this AWESOME blog today called Glorious Treats! Casey says she loves anything without nuts-- so I'm torn between the Pina Colada cupcakes and the Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes. Since she doesn't like nuts I'm leaning toward the Pina Colada cup cakes. plus with the dreary spring rain (and snow) we've had around here I feel like I'm in DESPERATE need to some happy sunshine treats.

So after my 14 hour day today and the 12 hour day I'll have tomorrow I need to make the cutest cupcakes ever. And they need to be done before my mama comes to pick me up at 9:00am Wednesday. Hmmm... this could be challenging.

It's on like Donkey Kong.


No comments:

Post a Comment